At Fetcham Village Infant School, we value our environment and our amazing world around us.
In fact, it is so important to us that it appears in our VELCRO!
Our Eco-Council is a group of children who meet regularly to discuss Eco-Friendly and environmental issues within school. We want to understand our world around us, so we can take care of it, for our generation and beyond.
Each class has one Eco-Council member. Their job is very important! They go to Eco-Council meetings and represent our class. They discuss our issues and worries, then come back to class and ask us questions about how we can improve our environment.
Our Eco Council will:
- help our school community to appreciate our environment
- help to prepare us to take care of our environment
- make sure everyone in our school community has a say in what happens to our environment
At our Eco-Council meetings:
- we discuss things that are great in our school and things we need to work on to make just as great
- we discuss ideas that children in our class have to improve our world and consider how we can make this happen
- we discuss what we can do to set a good example to others and use our learning in class to share why it is important to take care of our world
Throughout the year each Eco Councillor meets with their class to discuss ideas about changes and improvements to the school. The issues are then raised in meetings and Eco Councillors discuss how to move forward with these ideas.
We also attend Confederation Meetings with children from other local schools. At these meetings, we share our own ideas and listen to others.
Please see the meeting minutes below to find out a little more: