Friends of FETCHAM VILLAGE INFANT SCHOOL
We are a group of parents and carers who meet once a term to discuss fundraising ideas for the Infant School and Pre-school, with a view to raising money in order to improve the learning environment for our children. We also hold social events for new and existing parents and carers, and support the schools with activities such as Sports Day and Harvest Festival. All money raised goes directly towards supporting our children in the form of classroom donations, funding for trips, playground equipment and learning resources. We are delighted to have been able to donate £19,800 towards the cost of the new outside classroom which is a fantastic new space for the children.
We are currently looking for a Treasurer to join our active and friendly Friends committee from September 2017, so please get in touch if you think you can help! (Please note that you don’t need to have been on the committee before to volunteer for this role).
Supported by our experienced Vice Treasurer, the Treasurer needs to:-
- Look after all the money going in/out of the Friends bank account from our various events/fundraisers and make sure it is all recorded accurately and promptly and that the bank account reconciles
- File Charity Commission annual return
- Provide floats for events
- Raise sales invoices and set up/authorise payments for suppliers/expenses claims
- Prepare yearly accounts for our AGM
- Renew gambling licence
- Organise printing of raffle tickets twice a year
- Organise Gift-Aid claims where applicable
- Attend termly Friends meetings
The Friends raise thousands of pounds every year to help support the Infant School and Pre-school and improve the learning environment, both inside and outside, for all our children so please do consider volunteering.
If you would like to know more (no obligation for asking!) then feel free to talk to Debbie (current Chair) 07770 846767 or email us on email@example.com for more information.